Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tiny Little Christmas Gifts

I wanted to share some small gifts I made that were truly appreciated by the recipients.  First off, here is a gift card holder I made for my beautician.  I included a gift card to IHOP, her family's favorite weekend eatery. 




I used the Cricut Christmas Cards cartridge and cut the card at 5".  I cut the envelope at 5 1/8", just to be sure there was enough room to easily slide the card in and out.  I made the red strip to hold the gift card by cutting a piece of cardstock 4" in length.  I then used the Martha Stewart floral vine punch.  I trimmed it after determining how much room was needed to actually hold the card.  I cut it approximately 1 1/2" below the punch cut.  The cardstock was attached using my ATG.  The stamps are from a set I got from Michael's.  On the red strip I used green ink to stamp the holly leaves.  (Probably overkill, but oh well!)  The patterned paper came from the DCWV "The Christmas Combo 180 Stack". 


The next gift is a container of bath salts that I made for my sister and my mom.  I got the glass containers from Walmart and the bath salt supplies and ribbon from Michael's.  I designed the labels using the Cricut Design Studio and the Cricut Lite cartridges Lacy Labels and Splish Splash.  The "Relax" came from Splish Splash.  I welded the words to their frames.  All of the circle elements were sized at 3", while the square elements were 2 1/4".  The "Relax" was initially sized at 1" and had to be adjusted to fit within its frame.



This last gift was so fun to make.  I have to thank Nubian of Nubian Crafter NC for introducing me to the idea and for pointing me to Andrea's blog Love is in the Details for the instructions.  These cocoa cones were a hit!  I made them as gifts from my son for his daycare teachers, the young kids in our family, and his grandmother.





For each cocoa cone you will need:
  • 2 12" disposable decorating bags
  • 3 1-ounce packages of hot chocolate mix
  • hot chocolate "embellishments" (I used mini chocolate chips, crushed candy canes, and mini marshmallows)
  • 2 clear elastic bands
  • ribbon
  • a tag   
Please visit Love is in the Details to get the complete instructions.  I made the tags with the Very Merry Tags Cricut cartridge, cutting them at 4".  The patterned paper also came from DCWV's "The Christmas Combo 180 Stack", while the cardstock came from their "The Christmas & Winter Combo Cardstock Stack". 

Now let's see if I can get these Christmas pictures scrapped...

No comments:

Post a Comment