Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Sayings -- Be Proud of Yourself

Yesterday I participated in the SST Christmas and Countdown to the New Year Blog Hop.  While I was excited to join in, I was a little intimidated.  The ladies that hang out on the Sistas Scrap Too! thread on the Cricut message board are extremely talented, and I was worried about playing with the big dogs.  If you haven't already, take a look at my previous post and look at my projects.  Take your time, I'll wait. You're back?  Okay, now really, how hard is it to cut a title with the Cricut and put some pictures on a page or two?  Was that even worth taking everyone's time and having them stop by my blog?  I did have an idea for a bigger project, but in the end, I just didn't have the time to do it.  (I am hoping to get that idea done before the holiday season is over.)  I was a little embarrassed that my simple layout and sour cream container is all that I had to offer.  But you know what, I got into scrapping because I wanted to document the life of my child.  He has brought so much into my life, and I want to capture it all.  I have so many pictures yet to scrap, some of big moments, some of him just being him on an average day.  I know that my scrapping style will evolve as I learn more and experiment with more techniques, but the truth is, I am always very proud of my work, regardless of how it measures up to others'.  In the end, I've accomplished what I wanted to do.  I made a great, though simple, layout that portrays my son's excitement while opening gifts on Christmas morning.  I now have that set of pictures in a place where they will be seen, not just shoved in a box, or kept on the computer.  I know I will continue to see others' work and make note of the technique to try later, or see a new project I want to try, and that's okay.  I want my crafting skills to grow.  But I'm also happy with what they are at this time.

So today's Sunday Saying is this: Be proud of Yourself.  Don't compare yourself to others.  While learning from other is a great thing to do, don't compare your accomplishment to theirs.  Take what you've learned from them and make it yours.  Be proud of what you've done.  It, and you, are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment