Friday, May 27, 2011

Mini Album for SST Swap


Back around Valentine's Day, the crafty Sistas who hang out on the Sistas Scrap Too! thread on the Cricut messageboard did a mini album swap.  We had to make the album, and also decorate a container to hold the album.  This was my first attempt at a mini album, and boy, did I pick a labor-intensive one!  This definitely was not a beginner-level project.

The album's design came from Kathy at Paper Phenomenon.  She did a 9-part mini-series on how to create this style mini.  (I guess the 9 parts should have been my first clue as to the difficulty level.  But in my defense, I joined Kathy as she was making the videos, so all 9 weren't there when I decided to make the album!  And I didn't include all of the features that she did, so I thought I had simplified it quite a bit.)  Kathy has some amazing tutorials of different types of minis.  This is the first one I've made followed her directions, but definitely not the last!



I am really proud of the finished product.  So much so, I really hated to send it to my swap partner!  I wanted to keep one for myself, but I knew I wasn't going to do another one any time soon.  As luck would have it, the person who made an album for me made the same type of album!  She also followed Kathy's videos.  So in the end I got my mini album that I wanted!  The altered box is a wooden box that I painted and decorated.  The mini album JUST fit inside of it.

I made a video showing all of the pages of the album. Please note, this was my first attempt at making a video so please excuse the moments when there is more camera movement than there should be.  I figured a video would be easier to share than a ton of pictures for this project, but I wasn't even sure I could make a video long enough with my small digital camera.  I also hurriedly did it so I could get the album in the mail to my swap partner.

Enjoy, and thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment